Friday, July 16, 2010

I hate Christian bumper stickers -part 1



As a Christians, I hate Christian bumper stickers. I hated them before I became one and I still hate them today.

As a Christian, I also have a hatred for the following 'Christian' things.

1. WWJD (i know, this is really ancient stuff)


2.  This guy and those like him (which is a conundrum. Does any illwill towards a homophobic who turns out to be gay count as homophobia?)


3.  Christians trying to save the unsaved by sharing the gospel. 99% of them.


4.



There are just too many.


The thing is, there's a lot of bad religion going on in the church. And what you see above are the results of a culture created around some flawed premises that have been left unchecked and anyone attempting to get close to what the Scriptures mean can face isolation. Let this run for a few or so generations, coupled by events like WW1, WW2, the Cold War and the fear these events generate AND the general prospering of these groups of people, and there you have it.....millions of well intended people who want to save the world from hell.

What are these premises then? --> Time for part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment